It is well said that an organisation is as good as its people and its people are as good as they manage themselves and others. The more effective its people, the stronger the organisation. However with the outbreak of pandemic and an unforeseeable future, a great degree of uncertainty and insecurity seems to have lowered the morale of all . In such difficult times, managerial effectiveness is about managing self with positive orientation, emotional intelligence, interpersonal relationships with collaborative teamwork. The magnitude of this global crisis imposes a greater responsibility on every individual to bounce back with a solution-centric approach in order to minimise the impact of this disaster. To address this need of the hour, a three-day online training programme is designed to focus on developing managerial skills for personal growth and business excellence.
On completion of this training, participants will gain practical insights to manage self and lead others channeling their energy, drive, creativity and discipline to achieve the set targets of the organisation during the uncertain times.
- Power of Positive Attitude in times of crisis .
- Ensuring Work Life Balance to improve Personal Efficacy.
- Building Resilience by Leveraging Emotional Intelligence at Workplace
- Developing 360 degree Corporate Relationships.
- Effective Problem Solving Skills and Decision Making
- My Action Plan ( MAP) & Collective Action Plan (CAP).
The methodology will be highly interactive with a mix of lectures, online discussions, case studies, psychometric self assessment tools, Action Plans and Q&A.
Further the learning from this programme will be translated into two action plans – (1) My Action Plan (MAP) for personal development; and (2) Collective Action Plan (CAP) for professional progression. The CAP will be presented online by the group leader in the presence of the designated representative (s) of top management.
Duration / Timings
There would be two online sessions of 90 minutes duration each day for three consecutive days. The preferred timings for all three days are:
Session I: 1100 – 1230 hrs
Session II: 1400 – 1530 hrs
Mutually convenient date / timings may be discussed after finalisation of the programme.
Prof. (Dr.) S.P. Chauhan
Prof. (Dr.) Surabhi Goyal
- IT coordination between instructor and participants to be made by client organisation.
- List of the participants with their profiles may be provided to the trainers one day in advance.
- Soft copy of the tools to be used during the session will be forwarded to the IT department a day in advance. The IT department is required to forward the same to all the participants before the start of the session.
- For presentation groups will be made by the Faculty. Each group will appoint their group representative. All presentations must be prepared in a slideshow by participants and presented by the group representative.